Pepsi is doing more than quenching thirst. It has already made its way into web3 with its first NFT collection, Pepsi Mic Drop. Now, it’s gone a step further using web3 to empower women.
Co-hosting with Mary J. Blige, Pepsi hosted the “Strength of a Woman” Festival & Summit. The Atlanta event had several activities supporting female artists, musicians, creatives, and entrepreneurs.
What were the key highlights?
- An opening night performance with a Gen Z Concert in the Tabernacle of Atlanta. It showcased Pepsi Music Lab finalist StarchildKayla.
- Pepsi Dig In’s new restaurant royalty program was hosted by celebrity chef Carla Hall. It celebrated black-owned restaurants. It also allowed the community to nominate their favorite eateries to join.
- Pepsi Stronger Together donated $20,000 to revive City of Refuge. It will buy essential professional and everyday clothing, and also personal care items.
- The icing on the cake was Pepsi working with some of the best female Web3 artists in the market. They created and gave out free Proof of Attendance Protocols (POAPs) NFTs. The artists include Rachel Winter, Shaylin Wallace, Amber Vittoria, and Varvara Alay.
What was the buzz about it on Twitter?
- How beautiful is the Flower Girl our amazing @VarvaraAlaycreated in partnership with @pepsi @SOAWFest @maryjblige? We SO wish we were at the Strength of a Woman festival… imagine receiving that beautiful FG as a POAP?! #SOAW2022 #PepsiNFT – @FlowerGirlsNFT
- The NFT Gallery at@maryjblige x @pepsi’s Strength of a Woman festival is beautiful It features POAPs designed by @surrealistshay @amber_vittoria @VarvaraAlay and @rachel__winter – @vaynernft
- i stood there and recorded all my artwork being shown.. such a surreal moment for me! thank you @pepsi & @maryjblige for this amazing opportunity! #SOAW2022 – @surrealistshay
- It’s such a treat to hear @surrealistshay + @amber_vittoria share their stories about creating their art and entering the NFT space at @maryjblige x @pepsi’s Strength of Woman festival – @jessgreenwalt
- She was a panelist at the music lab brought to by #pepsi and @maryjblige #thestrengthofawomanfest was a success as she shared the stage w/ two other dynamic women @ClaudineJoseph and #nicolejackson check @ebsdabOss Instagram for more highlights – @IamYJones
This is a great initiative toward female empowerment. Gotta love it.