Fashion is a major Web3 participant – especially when it comes to NFTs.
Whether it’s designers, luxury, or generic fashion brands, there are several NFT collections out there. But, among fashion designers, few have had as much NFT traction as Rebecca Minkoff. In September 2021, she became the first American female designer in NFTs. Recently, she started collaborating with Mavion.world to create an NFT capsule collection.
“In celebration of NFT.NYC, we’re excited to launch this NFT collection alongside Mavion, giving our customers unique access to our designs and those of the independent designers of Mavion.world,” Minkoff said. “NFTs are changing the way we’re doing business, and this capsule is another step for our brand toward the future of luxury fashion, a place where the physical and digital worlds meet.”
The collaboration will release two drops. The first one will feature 55 NFTs that will give holders access to digital and experiential benefits. It will also include five one-of-a-kind NFTs with one-of-a-kind artwork in the token and various benefits. These include:
- a one-of-one bag by Rebecca Minkoff;
- a limited-edition accessory item (earrings, necklace, bracelet, or ring) handmade by one of the five independent designers from Mavion.world;
- two tickets to Minkoff’s New York Fashion Week show;
- two tickets to an annual Mavion fashion event in perpetuity;
- a $500 Sofi Card to spend on the cryptocurrency of the holder’s choice;
- two free mints for upcoming fall 2022 Minkoff x Mavion collection launches; and
- future gaming and digital assets.
The remaining 50 NFTs will have numbered tokens that unlock five free mints of the second Minkoff x Mavion drop. The second drop NFTs will have 25 NFTs available to the public while 30 will be exclusive to holders. They will also unlock access to physical fashion, digital fashion, and experiential benefits
Mavion will leverage experience from working with 450 independent designers from 26 countries. It has helped them launch limited-edition accessory collections under the e-commerce brand, The Accessory Junkie.