NFT projects continue to expand across different industries. Whether it is aviation, beverages, social media channels, or motorsport, there is a collection to cater to any industry you love.
During the week, some brands joined the NFT collection and marketplace train. Who are they and what are they doing? Reddit, Coca-Cola, Emirates, Ducati, and Limewire all had developments you should know about.
If you love information and entertainment, you probably have a Reddit account. The social media network already has subs dedicated to crypto and NFTs. But now, they are taking a step further with an NFT-based avatar marketplace. What can you expect?
- Access without a crypto wallet which means you can use your credit or debit card.
- 90 designs with several thousands of NFTs going on sale in the early phase.
- Licensing rights if you hold one of its NFTs.
Pride Month ended in June, but Coca-Cola is keeping the ball rolling. To celebrate the LGBTQIA+ community, Coca-Cola will launch the Pride NFT Collection in collaboration with Richard Mnisi. Who is Richard Mnisi? A South African who is a multi-award-winning designer and an advocate for LGBTQIA+ rights. The Pride Collection will include 136 collectibles on the Polygon Network.
Aviation is taking notice of the power of NFTs. Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is flying into the NFT airport with its debut flight of NFTs, EY-ZERO1. What should you expect?
- Ten highly detailed 3D aircraft models. Each will represent a unique Etihad Airways Boeing 787 Dreamliner livery.
- 2003 limited-edition collectibles including Etihad’s Manchester City FC and Greenliner-themed aircraft.
- NFT holder benefits such as Etihad Guest Silver tier membership for one year; 10 lucky NFT holders winning complimentary flight tickets with Etihad, and advance access to upcoming NFT collections as well as future metaverse products.
Motorsports fans have a lot to look forward to in the NFT space. Ducati, which has already embraced the power of technology through selling its first motorbike online and creating a blog for fans, is entering the world of NFTs. Ducati has partnered with NFT Pro to help it create and sell NFTs to fans on Ripple.
Everybody deserves a second chance. Limewire is back with plans to shed its notorious reputation. After getting new ownership in March, Limewire is back with a bang as a marketplace for music NFTs. You can expect artists across several genres including Brandy, Nicky Jam, Aitch, Dillon Francis, Soulja Boy, and Travis Barker.
Despite the bear market, brands see opportunities to venture into NFTs. Some are taking the opportunity to support social causes, create more utility for customers, and rebrand. Which NFT project is your favorite – and why? Submit your thoughts