Solana: 5 metaverse projects to watch

Written By Charles Chimezirim

Some of the driving forces of blockchain adoption include low transaction costs, trustless and open service, high throughput rates, the immutability of data, and enhanced security, among other things. 

While some benefits listed above are still a work in progress, many blockchain networks have achieved significant milestones. One of them is Solana, which has gained traction in the DeFi space due to its high throughput size (with a theoretical throughput capacity of 65,000 transactions per second) and low transaction costs.

In today’s post, we’ll talk about five Solana metaverse projects on our radar. Our methodology is based on all-time upvotes on the Solana Ecosystem

1. Hoglympics

Hoglympics is a Solana-based immersive play-to-earn (P2E) soccer and adventure game, basically featuring hogs. The hogs play in teams comprising an attacker, midfielder, defender, and goalkeeper, respectively.

The winning team gets the lion’s share of the rewards (75%); the remaining 25% is shared among the winning team’s supporters, and as a bonus for upgrading the winning team’s infrastructure. You could upgrade your hogs’ costumes and sell them as NFTs in the Hoglympics NFT marketplace.



2. Chainers

Chainers is a community-based free-to-play NFT Solana Metaverse game where anyone could log in with their social media handles and customize their Chainers NFTs, collaborate on different NFT projects on the platform, and trade NFTs when they like.

While it is yet to launch, Chainers will feature “11,111 degens (degenerate)” NFTs (NFTs you may buy randomly), which will be sold publicly and privately to prospects. The NFTs will give early birds exclusive access to special Chainers features and attract rewards as more integrations come onboard. 

Chainers has more than 35,000 followers on Twitter and an active community of more than 3,000 members on Discord.

Image credit: Chainers on Twitter

3. Naga Kingdom

Naga Kingdom’s economy revolves around its native cryptocurrency, Naga Kingdom (NAGA), and Naga NFTs. The Naga NFTs form the building blocks, items, and characters in the Solana metaverse game.

The NFT items or characters are bought with $NAGA and sold or resold in the Naga NFT marketplace. You may also participate in Naga Kingdom adventures and earn rewards as you progress.

Naga has an active community of more than 100,000 followers on Twitter and more than 140,000 members on Telegram.

4. My Crypto City

MY CRYPTO CITY is a Metaverse game about space war and territorial domination. You earn MYCTY tokens and unlock new skills as you progress. You also claim the items of players and territories you conquer. These items—and the entire region—can be resold as NFTs in MY CRYPTO CITY’s NFT marketplace.

MY CRYPTO CITY runs as a mobile game on Android and iOS devices as a beta-tested demo version. According to the roadmap, the main application is expected to launch by the first quarter of 2023.

5. HDOKI

HDOKI presents “an entertainment ecosystem with crypto-backed rewards.” You can build or customize projects on HDOKI and monetize your time and resource using the $OKI tokens. You can also sell your NFTs or NFT-based rewards in HDOKI’s marketplace.

HDOKI aims to provide a robust ecosystem where players can interact well and get rewards for their efforts. These players can also stake the $OKI tokens and NFTs and earn monthly rewards (calculated in an annual percentage yield (APY)).

Moving Forward

Solana Metaverse projects are fast gaining momentum in the DeFi space with more than 270 Metaverse projects already running on the Solana network.

While we await more Metaverse projects to come on board, what are your thoughts on our Top 5 list of Solana-based Metaverse projects? Let’s hear them in the comment section.

Like what you read? Check out these articles!

Share your thoughts!